Monday, January 12, 2009

Almost There...........

I have eliminated Hair from my thoughts. Now I am officially stuck on music. I know music is a very broad topic, and my trouble is narrowing it down to one specific idea. I don’t know where to start eliminating. I was thinking of the history of music, but I also want the music to be interesting. Maybe I can compare where it came from and where it grew to be. I am currently in a Talent Pageant and won first place in the qualifications round...now I am preparing for the next round, I was thinking I could get this recorded and edit the video and fit this into my project, but I still don’t know where to start. All the songs I sing in the competition are older and jazzy. First I sang a jazz song called "Nature Boy", very old song and for the next round I’m singing and playful jazzy song called "Honey Suckle Rose" which is also very old, but I don’t know where to go with these ideas. I chose this topic because I have a HUGE passion for music. I love being on stage, I also am performing in a show on Tuesday which I believe will be some sort of competition. My best friend and I have a group, and we are going to New York with this program called "Hip Hop on Lock" and we will be performing and meeting different people we only see on TV. We are also going to New York again to perform for this talent competition. We are also submitting an application (video included) for a Korean record label. We both study music history, and culture and different languages, feelings and meanings all dealing with music. The thought of music thrills me. My mind is so open to any ideas and thoughts, so if anyone could help me decide at least where to start.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment